VISIONThe vision of the Alberta Electric Utility Safety Association (AEUSA) is to promote electric utility safety within the Province of Alberta.
SCOPEThe Scope of the Alberta Electric Utility Safety Association centers on worker and public safety related to the Alberta Electrical Utility Industry.
- share incidents and experiences relating to work practices and equipment
- establish consistent interpretations and information to aid in compliance to Provincial legislation, as it applies to electric utilities in the Province.
- make recommendations concerning interpretations of the Provincial Standards within the electric utility industry
- develop guidelines and safe work practices for the electric utility industry in Alberta
- support education of the public regarding electrical hazards
- provide a forum for sharing experiences on a regular basis
- provide available resources and expertise to research electric utility safety issues and take necessary action to make timely changes
- recommend changes or improvements to safety standards
- support public forums that address electrical hazards
- sub-committees will be established under the direction of the Association
- develop and provide the necessary documentation on safety related issues for Association members, other industries and the public
- reduce the frequency and severity of incidents related to the electric utility industry
- conduct at least two general meetings a year
- ensure that the directors meet at least every three months
- be an advisory to the Electrical Utility Workers Safety Rules Committee
- promote awareness of the AEUSA
SPONSORSHIPThe Job Safety Skills Society